Thursday, February 12, 2009

Central Bank Darn Policies

As I have been posting for the past months, I have opened an account with an online vendor of precious metals called 'GoldMoney'. This has been a carefully studied decision and after deliberating the matter with my wife and knowing that this is a company that we could trust, we proceeded to send our documents in. Gold Money policy states that they would need to verify the person applying afterwhich a client can now add funds to a 'holding number' through a bank wire from the Philippines to a bank in the US (Bank of America in this case)where Gold Money keeps it's account.

This is the tricky part, although I have been able to do my first Telegraphic Transfer through BDO Unibank (which costs 10$), they have declined my 2nd application for a Transfer stating that it is difficult to justify the purpose of my transferring funds abroad since there are no central bank descriptors that would fit into this kind of transaction.

With a little curiosity, I tried other banks as well--while PNB charges $18 per Telegraphic Transfer, UNIONBANK charges $40 and BPI charges $10 while Metrobank is also around $18. And all of these banks require a $500 maintaining balance to start with.

I am still trying to get pass all these ridiculous challenges and get my metals earning while we are still at the early phase of the Bull market. My other option (if the account abroad doesn't really work) is to own the actual metal, which we have done such a great job (together with my bro-in law) in discovering for ourselves. To date we have actual money in our hands.

3 comments:

  1. that sucks... they are very strict when ordinary people like us put our money abroad but when the big boys do it... walang ka proble-problema...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to owrry, the actual metal will SAVE Us! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you own physical gold? in the form of jewelry? i wonder how i can actually buy gold not as jewelry...

    ReplyDelete